I created separate plugin to provide DOM AST viewer called ASTViewer. You can install it using the following update site :
for more details information see here : https://github.com/nberserk/ASTViewer
I can't find any useful resources yet. so I share this information on my blog.
DOM AST viewer shows Abstract Syntax Tree of C/C++ program in tree manner. very useful for AST related work. I don't know Why this viewer is included in test plugin. that's why we can't use it in official CDT.
anyway, here is how to use DOM AST :
- first get CDT source from CDT repository: http://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git
you can get source code for each released version here. e.g. > CDT_8_0_2.zip
- copy CDT_8_0_2.zip/CDT_8_0_2/core/org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests to your hard drive
- import org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests
- remove build error ( i removed all source files except org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests.DOMAST)
- Window->Show View -> C/C++ -> DOM AST